Welcome!

It started with a 30-day raw food experiment. Immediately, I noticed I had more energy, more motivation to exercise, really good sleep, and I became committed to living a more healthy lifestyle. After several months, I also experienced some challenges--digestion issues, low energy at times, food allergies, and a few other things.



Looking back over the last two years, I realize I have evolved. I've learned so much about healthy eating, about new and different ingredients, what works for me and what doesn't. My tastes have changed. The bottom line is that you have to figure out what works for you and that may take some experimentation and some time. It will be worth it in the end to have all of the benefits of improved health!







Sunday, January 17, 2010

Banana Green Refresher


This is an extremely easy recipe, and after trying it somewhat on faith, was surprised at how delicious and refreshing it is. The hubby liked it, daughter #1 even licked her lips, which are two signs of success!

Serves 1

1 large banana
Handful of fresh parsley (mostly leaves, but a little stem is ok)
1 to 1 1/2 cups cold water
A few ice cubes

Blend all til smooth. Very light and refreshing for a snack or to get you going in the morning. Gorgeous green color, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment